Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tues.9.1.15...Why Should I Trust the Bible?

"Why Should I trust the Bible?" I'm sure that thought has crossed your mind. Jesus certainly trusted in the reliability of the Scriptures. He often quoted from them and claimed they testified of him. But are the stories we are reading about Christ true? Is the NT that we are reading really trustworthy? People will undoubtedly wonder about this. They might say to you, "You want me trust Jesus for eternal life and devote my life to following his teachings in the Bible? But how do I know if I can first trust the Bible?" How will you respond to that heavy duty question? How about giving them a creative mini-movie to watch?! 

Okay, time to get the popcorn and watch a great mini-movie. It's about 15 minutes long, so I'll keep my words few. While you watch it, take notes and be ready to share one thing that struck you from what was presented.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNcbu5oHQU

1.- What's one thing that impressed you from the video?

Most any of us would love to see miracles occur, but many who saw Jesus perform miracles still didn't believe him. Miracles were good for confirming the faith of seekers and saints, but they didn't convince the close minded. The same is true of the Scriptures, which Jesus gave greater convincing power to than even miracles (see Luke 16:27-31 for shocking proof). The Scriptures confirm the faith of seekers and saints, but they will not convince those who refuse to come to Christ, no matter how much they may study the Scriptures. Christ is the key. Before we break new ground in John 8 tomorrow, we need to make sure we are clear regarding the Scriptures. So let's go back today and read John 5:39-47. 

2.- What's one thing that strikes you from John 5:39-47?

Announcements
Since some of you stayed up later than I did last night, I will give you tomorrow the names of all of you who were Unstoppable in August. But here's an August stat I can give you right now. At our last meeting, I shared the good news that in July, 700 people visited our Greatest Minimovies site. I'm delighted to announce that for the month of August that number jumped way up to 1,176! (That's a 59% increase!) Thank You Lord! People are watching and hearing the gospel you are sharing. Way to go!

Welcome Dave Ramirez to M3! I've known Dave since he got saved back in 1998. He and his wife Linda (she was in my Humboldt Park youth group back in the mid 80s!) now attend New Life Brighton Park. I kept thinking of him and tracked down his phone number. He and I both believe the timing of our conversation was a God thing. Dave is a warm, appreciative man. You'll like him too. Welcome to a great band of brothers Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment