Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tues.8.4.15...How'm I Doin'?...Review of Ecclesiastes

How'm I doin'? New York City's Mayor Ed Koch was famous for asking that question. 
Here's what a wiki article in part said about him- Edward Irving "Ed" Koch, December 12, 1924 – February 1, 2013) was an American lawyer, politician, political commentator, movie critic and reality television arbitrator. He served in the United States House of Representatives from 1969 to 1977 and three terms as mayor of New York City, which he led from fiscal insolvency to economic boom, from 1978 to 1989...A popular figure, he rode the New York City Subway and stood at street corners greeting passersby with the slogan, "How'm I doin'?"
That's a very good question to ask. How'm I doin'? Business owners go out of business when they stop asking that of their customers. Employees sometimes lose their jobs if they are not concerned about how their boss thinks they're doing. Marriages crumble if spouses aren't concerned with how they're doing. We may think we're doing well, but we need to ask to find out how others think we're doing. So here's the dare- Ask your spouse, supervisor, friend or M3 squad leader, "How'm I doin'?" Try ever so hard not to debate with them. Instead, thank them. Then reflect on their feedback and see if there might be a grain of truth in what they courageously shared. Then work to improve. 
Yesterday we finished our study of Ecclesiastes. I so enjoyed going through this challenging book with you. We covered a lot, but it's time for me to ask, How'm I doin? I know M3 is challenging; it's not for posers, but for those who are hungry to grow and committed to pursue a GREAT life. But still I want to know...
1.- How'm I doin'? I'm putting in about 4 hours a day on M3, and I guess I'm feeling a need for a bit of encouragement myself. Are you enjoying my blogs and the mentoring and multiplying mission we are on? Any suggestions for improvement?
2.- What was a blog post that you really enjoyed or got a lot out of? (You can look to the right and see our recent archives of all our past blogs on Ecclesiastes.)
3.- What is one verse in Ecclesiastes that really stuck out to you? No  need to comment again on it, just share the verse. Thanks.
Tomorrow we will begin a brand new study through the gospel of John. We will find the meaning of life clearly revealed in even the very first few verses. See you then! 




No comments:

Post a Comment